avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: DBCP
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 01:55:35 GMT
> By now, I'll start to digest the specs of JCA 1.5 and play around
> with it in the avalon-sandbox, ok?  If we end up with a simple -
> yet powerfull - implementation we can talk again with Jakarta
> commons guys. Maybe Noel could help us a bit. Definitely Avalon
> is not the best home for it.

Things can get noisy in Jakarta Commons, but I would support a JCA project
in Jakarta Commons Sandbox that builds on DBCP and intends to add JCA
support to it.  FWIW, James now supports both DBCP and James' own,
deprecated, connection pool.  I would very much like to see a JCA for DBCP
because that would enable Geronimo to use DBCP.

	--- Noel