avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: VOTE; Installation of Subversion
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 08:58:13 GMT
On Monday 17 May 2004 13:40, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > The down-side is that history will be lost, but...
> >   a.  Stephen and I (others?) don't care about the history.
>
> -1, since it seems this needs to be said again (and again, and again).

The history remains in the CVS, and can be reviewed at any point in time. It
is per se not lost.
Please state how often, when and for what purpose you have been reviewing the
history, and that a knowing break in history would be too much of a problem
to overcome.

Then balance that against the cons... My balance (proven by the request for
migration earlier) shows that (I have looked in the history ONCE over the
last 6 months, and that is probably as much as anyone else) splitting history
between CVS and SVN was a reasonable trade-off.

Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /