avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject [VOTE Result]; Installation of Subversion
Date Sun, 16 May 2004 07:54:09 GMT

 * Quorum achieved; 6 committers voting
 * All in favour, no abstains and no negative votes.

It is hereby decided that Avalon will use Subversion, and that an installation
of Subversion is to be commissioned for our use.

It is further concluded that the Subversion module will be empty, and for our
'playing pleasure' until a un-determined date in the future, when the content
is populated from the CVS.

No committers objected to a manual transition of the content, where history
will be lost. (The CVS content will remain, and history will be viewable
there if required.)
I also deduce that the transition will happen at the convenience of those
committers that will perform the operation (I guess myself and Stephen).

Announcements will be made as the transition for each piece is being made,
together with updates of the Site documentation and "write-blocking" of the
CVS.

No transition will occur prior to Current Release effort is completed.

Excalibur/ECM, Fortress and Phoenix will not be moved to SVN by Avalon.
If/when Excalibur/Fortress has a new home, those committers will decide how
to organize the codebase.

Cheers
Niclas
--