avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject VOTE; Installation of Subversion
Date Thu, 13 May 2004 06:00:51 GMT

I hereby propose that we request infrastructure to set up Subversion for
Avalon.
I furthermore propose that we don't bother with migration of CVS, and instead
have SVN available for a few weeks, and then when we feel comfortable, we
move across the Merlin platform manually, after the next set of releases.

The down-side is that history will be lost, but...
  a.  Stephen and I (others?) don't care about the history.
  b.  Those who do care is mostly the Excalibur/Fortress proponents, who is
not part of the proposal.
  c.  History will remain in CVS, just in case something needs to be looked
up.

The upside is;
  a.  We don't need much attention from infrastructure or any individual
there.
  b.  The transition is not instant, and giving us (esp myself) plenty of time
to get comfortable with SVN.
  c. A window to abort if there are problems, especially for IDE-only people.

Niclas