avalon-dev mailing list archives

From filip...@cirquedigital.com
Subject [repository] versioning
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 21:48:12 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody did any work on automatic
versioning of artifacts ?

I have the following situation:

.xapp --> declares dependency on xbundles

     .xbundles --> declares dependency on jars, xconfs,...

What I'm looking for is a way to run version 1.0 of
the app, which will then automatically take the latest
1.0.* of the bundles which will the
automatically take the latest 1.0.* of the jars.

Or even, be able to run version 'CURRENT' of the app, which
then resolves to 1.1 as soon as that is available.

This effect is obviously possible by copying all the resources
multiple times to 1.0-CURRENT and 1-CURRENT and CURRENT and
so on, but I was wondering if there's a more elegant solution.

As a side question: I was under the impression that the
timestamp argument to LoaderUtils.getResource() would
make sure that a resource gets re-downloaded if the
repository changed (using a simple file:// repository
for testing), but that doesn't seem to be working -- can
any one explain what the purpose of the parameter is ?

Thanks for any insights!

- Filip