avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bennett <exterminat...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [proposal] community@avalon.apache.org
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:32:36 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> I would like to propose that we create a new email list:
>
>   community@avalon.apache.org
>
> The new list would address topics that are non-technical - such as the
> focus on development subjects.
>
> Stephen.

-1

I don't think anyone really likes these non-technical discussions, and
in some cases are embarrassing and unfortunate for the
community-at-large to have to suffer through.

However, suffer through them we must in order to sort out these
important non-technical issues that establish (re-establish?) unity and
continuity within the project and community.  I think the negative
feedback and *black-eye* that we receive by dragging out our dirty
laundry on the dev@ list is a necessary motivation that will push us to
resolution -- in a distant "cousin" sort of way that the pain of
casualties eventually motivate nations to choose peace over war.