avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Bennett <exterminat...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Question: Sequence of execution in Merlin
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 21:55:53 GMT
Nader Aeinehchi wrote:
> Hello
>
> Within a root container, I managed to start two independent containers, thanks to Merlin.
>
> However, I would very much like to have explicit control over the sequence, namely which
container starts first, second,...

> Is there anyway to control the sequence of execution?
>
> ps!
> An explicit control could be useful for components and services?

No way at present (except by the creative use of explicit dependency
directives).  However, this has been one of my *hotlist* wish items
since my early days of using Phoenix.

I, too, would like to see some component startup/shutdown sequencing
control in merlin.

Timothy