avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] transfer of fortress and ecm
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:48:38 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Before considering the subject of any transfer or endorsement there is
> one item that I consider to be a prerequisite responsibility that Avalon
> has toward it users.  This item is the delivery of binary compatibility
> of ECM/Fortress component within the Merlin platform.  Would the members
> your representing be willing to assist in getting this in place?

Everyone has their own goals, needs and requirements. The e-mail that I
sent that started this thread just about outlines the extent to which
the goals, needs and requirements of the signees are known to overlap.
So I can only answer your question from my own perspective, and not on
behalf of everyone.

Whilst I share the goal of container interoperability (and
interoperability in a much broader sense than just between
avalon-supporting containers, in fact), I have only so much time and
energy available to contribute towards that goal. That time and energy
is currently directed elsewhere (for example, I've been at work today to
get PicoContainer to be able to run avalon components). I do not have
time nor energy left right now to also take part in the active
development of the merlin platform.

So while I'm more than happy to continue my advisory role with regard to
the merlin platform (answering questions and providing suggestions via
e-mail, ICQ and IRC on phoenix, ECM, and fortress and otherwise sharing
my expertise with regard to IoC and avalon container development), it's
unlikely you'll see me contribute (substantial amounts) of code now or
in the near future.

Again, this is only me talking. Other people will no doubt have a
different answer.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons