avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <lsim...@jicarilla.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] transfer of fortress and ecm
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:57:07 GMT
J Aaron Farr wrote:
> Quoting Leo Simons <lsimons@jicarilla.org>:
>
>>J Aaron Farr wrote:
>>
>>>3. Are you proposing transfering the copyright ownership?
>>
>>No. We do not think that a copyright transfer is needed, nor a good idea
>>to pursue. It is our understanding that the terms of the AL 2.0 do not
>>require any transfer of copright in order to achieve our goals.
>
> Then the only thing you are really asking of the Avalon project are:
>
> 1. Use of the names Fortress and Excalibur
> 2. Agreement to freeze development of this code in Avalon
>   (ie- defer development to this new fork)

Yes. The only thing we need legally to proceed, is permission that we
can use the Fortress and ECM names. Or at least, that is our impression
(we are not laywers :-D), which we would like to see confirmed. In
addition, we are also specifically looking for confirmation that we can
keep package names intact after a transfer.

But what we're mostly looking for are insights, opinions, suggestions,
goodwill, and similar things not as easily expressed using a short
numbered list.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons