avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: Opinion Gathering on Fortress
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:57:51 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Following Berin's request here is revised opinion poll.
>                                  ?^^^^^^^?

Revised?

@#(*$%&....

Added entries.  Come on.  I am not looking for mutually exclusive
entries, that would be a vote.  I am looking for an order of preference.

I really need to take English lessons because apparently I cannot
communicate.  Either that or the people I am trying to communicate with
choose not to hear what I am trying to say.

The full list of entries, that have been entered so far are:

[] Fortress stays in Avalon with maintenance
[] Fortress moves to incubator for TLP
[] Fortress moves to D-Haven
[] Fortress moves to XXX (enter your choice here)
[] Fortress is nuked and users forced to migrate
[] enable migration to the single Avalon platform
[] fork to somewhere else
[] do nothing
[] clean upgrade path to merlin (exact how to)

For those who want to know, the difference between a fork and a move:

A fork can be done at any time by anyone who is not satisfied with the
way a codebase is handled.  We *could* have 20 forks around, even though
that would not be advisable.

A move is a sanctioned transfer of assets from one community to another.
  There can only be one move between two parties.