avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: Why can't I get a simple opinion?
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:21:56 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> Apparently, every time I try to get a *simple* opinion, Stephen tries
>> to squash the effort with loads and loads of words.  It should not be
>> that hard folks.  What's the opinion?  That's all.
>

> Berin:
>
> I'm simply asserting an opinion that the best solution (migration) has
> been cast in your post as the worst case alternative.  Also - "move" is
> at least inconsistent with the technically integrity of a migration
> process.  As such, I think the checklist presents an unbalance set of
> options and if you want to get a useful opinions you should considered
> recasting the questions along something like the following lines:
>
>   [ ] fork to somewhere else
>   [ ] enable migration to the single avalon platform
>   [ ] do nothing

Gee, what's wrong with just writing those in?  After all, they are valid
opinions.  We don't need a lecture about what you perceive my intentions
to be.  I did leave room and provision to write in new entries, and give
an order of preference.  So far this is just hanging out in limbo and
there is no clear message to users.