avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] transfer of fortress and ecm
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:14:09 GMT
Leo,

> What if that person and his friends choose to bring all
> their enthusiasm and energy to a new fortress top-level-project?
> What if they expect to be able to change Avalon-Framework, and
> find that some of the developers of that framework are not even
> on speaking terms with some of the fortress people?

If there is to be any hope of having any degree of compatibility, then this
issue must be addressed.  Otherwise, just take the code, fork it, change its
name, and do whatever you want with it but it cannot be Avalon if we give up
on some concept of what that means.  Peter Royal and I were just discussing
this issue on the PMC list in response to yet another posting there on this
topic.

I just posted my consent for Peter to post our discussion on that private
list to this public one.  Basically, though, there appears to be an
agreement and a desire to have a defined set of contracts, which does mean
that wherever the containers would be hosted, we MUST address your concern
above (which is not just your concern, but also shared by others).

	--- Noel