avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject moving on (was Re: Opinion Gathering on Fortress)
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 16:37:38 GMT

Shash:

The Avalon community took a vote on this subject and decided to resolve
things with one architecture, one platform, one container. That decision
has ripple effect which your currently witnessing - but the upside is
that people are actually making decisions based on fact:

     * one avalon RI

This isn't about setting a context to get framework right - its about
going way beyond framework and doing what Avalon has been chartered to do:

    * component and service management

On the context of one RI and our charter, we do have a responsibility to
provide a viable migration path.  I hope that you'll contribute to that
because there a lot of benefit in getting the migration process right.
That benefit is all about one community working together on one
platform.  Looking further out its about going beyond "containers" -
focusing much more on the bigger picture of an globally integrated
service management environment.  From this perspective the current
issues concerning migration are short term and addressable - and a
necessary part of moving on.

Cheers, Stephen.