avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Versioning
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2004 09:13:56 GMT

Ok for X.Y.Z assuming we put in place a streamlined release process, and
on the presumption that we think about product update management based
on dewy decimal evaluation.

Not OK with odd/even semantics.

An important aspects here is that merlin cli and unit versions are
decoupled from model version (i.e. version 3.3 of cli and unit can
handle anything within the scope of a minor version change relative to
the avalon repository version).

Some additional functionality is needed to deal with product
synchronization - e.g. a command line option enabling updating of
merlin.properties to reflect the latest kernel release.  The key point
is that the version of cli and unit can remain stable but the
implementation can evolve frequently.

Cheers, Stephen.