avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <leifli...@tanukisoftware.com>
Subject Re: AltRMI in excalibur-instrument-manager
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2004 17:29:33 GMT
Niclas,
    The InstrumentManager's AltRMI connector has to instantiate an
AltRMI server
instance when it is created.  For this reason, yes it does reference
altrmi's server impl
classes.  They are required at build time.  But are optional at runtime
unless the
altrmi connector is used.

    Here is a list of the imports being used by the connector:

From:
org.apache.excalibur.instrument.manager.altrmi.InstrumentManagerAltrmiConnector
import org.apache.altrmi.server.PublicationDescription;
import org.apache.altrmi.server.impl.AbstractServer;
import
org.apache.altrmi.server.impl.socket.CompleteSocketCustomStreamServer;

From:
org.apache.excalibur.instrument.manager.altrmi.InstrumentManagerAltrmiServer
import org.apache.altrmi.server.PublicationDescription;
import org.apache.altrmi.server.PublicationException;
import org.apache.altrmi.server.ServerException;
import org.apache.altrmi.server.impl.AbstractServer;
import
org.apache.altrmi.server.impl.socket.CompleteSocketCustomStreamServer;

The client also requires both the common jars as well as the client impl
and interface
jars.   Not sure why they are boken into impl and interface jars as it
seems like they
would almost always both be needed.

Cheers,
Leif