avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: Requirements: scalability, stability and multiple JVMs with Merlin?
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:39:45 GMT

1. Uniquely identify (name adds human connotation)?

>  2. Nothing more.
>
> And then build the failover/distribution on top of that,
> customized for the application. As long as I can route
> events/requests to the corresponding components in
> other JVMs, failover etc. isn't that hard.

I think generalized failover out of the box can be achieved.
However fine tuning it with customizations for an application
should be possible.  Both options should be available.  One is
good for RAD of fault tolerant services and the other is for
fine tuning this feature for the specific application.

Alex