avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Castle
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:52:35 GMT
On Wednesday 28 April 2004 01:42, Leo Simons wrote:

<snip content="some really good advice" />

> etc etc. "If you code it they will come" is not true, but when people
> come, its important the "5 minute test" succeeds: within 5 minutes of
> clicking on a link, get a basic idea of what the project is about,
> download and install it, run an example, understand the example, and get
> an idea how to learn more in the case of being interested.

Don't forget that is roughly how all the containers here started out, and it
takes a lot of persistence to get above the water line, I can imagine.

IIANM, there was even some more container experiments around here, that never
made it, wasn't there?

I am sorry I won't help, and that is not because of Castle or you Hammet, but
because of dotNet. I don't like the company behind it, I won't support it or
the community that may exist around it, especially not for free, and most
importantly, I never, ever, liked the 'coding style' promoted by C# now and
MS C/C++ for a long time. The code looks ugly :o)

Cheers
Niclas