avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Question: scalability, stability and multiple JVMs with Merlin?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:09:56 GMT
On Tuesday 27 April 2004 22:20, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> I know nothing about JavaSpaces and would have to look at it in depth to
> be able to respond.

Last time I looked, the reference implementation of JavaSpaces, called
Outrigger, was by itself not replicated, so if the Outrigger instance died,
the whole JavaSpace died with it.
I think Sun intentions were that the Reference impl shouldn't be too advanced
so that there were room for Commercial vendors to fill the gap.

JINI's reference Lookup Service, though is by specification replicated to as
many instaces as you want (the burden is on the Joining service to register
with ALL Lookup Services within its domain).

Niclas