avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Albert Kwong <mandr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Container supported interceptable service
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 01:35:34 GMT
 --- Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org>
> As I have understood it (it is not my idea), is that
> the Interceptor is an
> interface and have any number of implementations,
> each configured and brought
> to life as components in general.
>
> Albert then suggested a "Order" value for each such
> component to determine
> which one is first and last in the chain.

Correct.  Note that the end-point of the chain shall
always be the original service, which is not aware of
the chain at all.

I thought about Niclas's suggestion about multiple
interceptor interfaces.  Implementation-wise it seems
to be slower and more complex than the original
proposal.  However, from a design point of view it
seems cleaner, more flexible, and more backward
compatible.

I like Niclas's suggestion.

Albert