avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Container supported interceptable service
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:31:39 GMT
On Wednesday 21 April 2004 00:06, Timothy Bennett wrote:

> I really like this idea.  Would there be some notion of chaining
> multiple interceptions acting on a single service together?  Ordering, etc?

As I have understood it (it is not my idea), is that the Interceptor is an
interface and have any number of implementations, each configured and brought
to life as components in general.

Albert then suggested a "Order" value for each such component to determine
which one is first and last in the chain.

Furthermore, one could possibly extend this to the LifeCycle methods as well,
and do away with the current somewhat awkward lifecycle extension mechanism.

Niclas