avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: A Foolish Consistency
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:34:06 GMT
On Wednesday 14 April 2004 03:24, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> That's brilliant!

Thanks, but not so fast. There are still "specification representation" issues
to be sorted out.
I, myself, am very fond of RDF, so that;

1. The 'component' is a URI.
2. The 'compliesWith', 'requires' and 'requests' are URIs.
3. The specification is a URI.

Then you need to 'represent' the RDF in some format, XML is one possible, and
finally you need to define how does the, for instance, container get hold of
it (RDF searches on the net seems like overkill).

And I am sure that other people would like to see other representations, so we
need to accommodate for other solutions as well.

In any event, I think I am on the right track, and will soon formulize some of
the findings in more 'official' docs, possibly on Wiki.

Niclas