avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A Foolish Consistency
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 18:57:31 GMT
Quoting "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)"
<hamilton.oliveira@agenciaclick.com.br>:

> [...]

Wouldn't a seperate TLP offer the same "big step towards different solutions"?
A new TLP also "won't be Avalon anymore."

> > However a seperate TLP
> > for either Fortress or Merlin will at least ensure the projects are not
> killed
> > off and that users are appropriately supported.
>

> This _can_ be done throught subprojects.

It _could_ but it hasn't.

<snip/>

> > Hammett, what then is the real problem that I am missing?  What is your
> solution
> > to the situation?
>
> The problem is not technical. We're all good devs, but we must learn more
> about community and respect.
> So the problem is social. We need to share a view of what avalon is about. I
> know what Avalon is for me and I'm sure that my definition is very different
> from Niclas, for instance. No problem we can be both right and wrong.

Most of them are social.

There are some technical problems which aren't simple but they would be solvable
if the social aspects where better.

> If Avalon can't live with two subprojects that envolves in different
> directions, the project needs to get booted. Or maybe boot people that is
> stopping us from being a heathful community. I know its sounds terrible, but
> I just can't see another solution. Creating TLP for everyone won't solve the
> problem while we still can't learn to live together.

So our options are

   - kick code out  (form another community)
       or
   - kick developers out

Thinking, thinking thinking....

> Ok, now you can shoot me ;-)