avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A Foolish Consistency
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:59:34 GMT
Quoting "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)"
<hamilton.oliveira@agenciaclick.com.br>:

> Hi Aaron, good read. Just want to point out:

Hello hammett!

I reread that message before I sent my email.  I believe there is a good case
for the seperation of the projects into new TLP's.  Is it trivial?  No.  But
neither is a fork.

> So, even if we got two TLP and Avalon stay for itself, we still won't have a
> solution for commons problems like Avalon-Meta, for instance. So I still
> thinking your attacking the wrong problem.

A fork will not solve the avalon-meta problems either.  However a seperate TLP
for either Fortress or Merlin will at least ensure the projects are not killed
off and that users are appropriately supported.

I feel that keeping both in Avalon would be much better but we've tried and it
just consistently isn't working.  We are looking for a "WIN/WIN" solution but we
shouldn't forget about "no deal", meaning that when the parties cannot come to
an agreement which is a "win" for all involved they should not overlook the
option of simply "no deal."

Hammett, what then is the real problem that I am missing?  What is your solution
to the situation?

---
  jaaron      <http://jadetower.org>