avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Avalon Framework Diagram
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:05:36 GMT
Quoting Andreas Oberhack <develop@softwarefabrik.biz>:

> Ok, great! Would a MerlinDeveloper with some output on the console would
> help here?

That would be good too.

> > >We also should have a very clear consensus, on how those services are
> > >plugged together.
> >
> > Yes, eventually.  But we don't need to have all that figured out just
> > do
> > a simple diagram to help both us and our users understand where we are
> > headed.
>
> Ok - sorry. I just didn't know the context.

No need to be sorry.  I like the diagram you put together too.

Now that I'm at a normal keyboard, perhaps I can be a little more clear.  I've
been thinking about how to visually describe the Avalon framework to new users.
 Something that people could view on the website that would clarify how all the
pieces of the puzzle fit together.  For example, look at our "Products" page:
http://avalon.apache.org/product/index.html.  It's okay, but wouldn't it be nice
if there were a visual representation of this as well?

Of course the problem is that visually describing Avalon is hard.  Getting the
scope right is hard.  Showing a simple desciption while at the same time
representing Avalon's dynamic nature is hard.  Several very different diagrams
could all describe valid deployment scenerios.

Perhaps what we need is a "Diagram Contest" like all those logo contests
projects have.  :)

---
  jaaron      <http://jadetower.org>