avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: Question: scalability, stability and multiple JVMs with Merli n?
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:42:42 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Niclas Hedhman [mailto:niclas@hedhman.org]

> I tend to agree that the JINI model makes things easier to both implement
and
> understand. And as you point out, it is somewhat tedious to implement the
> Service and client code, and that could be hidden into a Merlin Facility,
BUT
> once again, it requires an Availability contract between the container and

> the components, or components can not have graceful fallbacks if Service
is
> no longer available.

You can work on the availability contract without any noise. It will be
easily defined as there is nothing really done on this topic here at Avalon
land. So we're free of all prejudices.

It has been a long time since I played with JINI, but I'd like to work on it
again as soon as you get these contracts out-of-way :-)