avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: Avalon Spec [Was: A Foolish Consistency]
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:08:53 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Niclas Hedhman [mailto:niclas@hedhman.org]

> Finally; Hammet, I would like to urge you to be more positive in the
future
> (last response was an improvement!) and not only come with negative
criticism
> at all times. You spoke highly of 'we must learn more about community and
> respect', which I applaud, but you are one of us who have to learn as well

> :o). Don't focus on 'disagree', focus on 'agree' and 'agree, how about...'

> aspects of the debate. I am trying to do so now, and you won't hear
anymore
> "negativism" from me.

Ok, we have a deal. I'll be watching! :-)

> I have the impression that you seek to maintain the current AF4 Status
Quo,
> but OTOH you never say it outright either, so I am somewhat confused over
> what your true agenda is... Perhaps your positive views could be posted?

My Agenda is to release Castle someday.
My truly wish was a common ground for containers, simple one, but I think it
will only be a dream.

And my mission is to avoid mess with AvalonFramework and Fortress. I have a
investment in it as well, as a lot of people does too. AF5 is a complete new
toy. We can work towards it.

Speaking of Specs, I'd suggest something like "to be Avalon compatible your
container must obey this semantics/rules". Having a hybrid can be too
complex.

regards,
hammett