avalon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] transfer of fortress and ecm
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:01:49 GMT
> -----Original Message-----
> From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Leo Simons
> > or just saying that you'll stay out of the
> > line of fire while the Avalon specification issue is resolved?
> I don't think I want to wait for "the Avalon specification issue to be
> resolved". That sounds like something which takes several months, will
> spur an (un)healthy flurry of controversy, etc. I'm saying that I'll
> keep my mouth shut for a while to give people time to come up with
> alternatives to the proposal we sent and discuss them. In other words,
> Noel indicates there seems to be a "bigger issue" the avalon community
> wants to solve before reaching a decision on our proposal, and I'll put
> things "on hold" pending that.
> But if anyone opens fire, my monitor is not bulletproof ;)

I too would rather not wait for the specifications to come out before making
a decision about your proposal.  While I agree with Noel that the specs are
an important issue which "MUST" be resolved sooner or later, I'd like to see
resolution of this matter ASAP and I believe it can be made independently of
the Avalon spec issue.  In fact, I would say, let's just assume that
sometime within the next year or so there will be an Avalon TCK.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@avalon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@avalon.apache.org

View raw message