avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nader Aeinehchi" <na...@aeinehchi.com>
Subject Re: Event mechanism in Merlin
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 21:18:20 GMT
1. Please forgive me for my ignorance, but is the difference facility and
custom lifecycle extension?  What is a facility?

> To me, an event-driven component
> is a kissing cousin to a message-driven component, so I think a merlin
> plug-in facility would handle this quite nicely.

2. Just for clarity, we are talking about asynchronous messages among
various objects and components? Are not we?

3. In Jini, there is Distributed Events.  Is this something that should be
taken into consideration to handle events among various JVMs?

Best Regards

--
Nader Aeinehchi
Aasenhagen 66 E