avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: excalibur xmlutil failures
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:42:17 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas about the current failure of the xmlutil
> build? I'm seeing a bunch of linkage errors across all of the testcases.
>
> E.g.:
>
> loader constraints violated when linking org/w3c/dom/Node class
> java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraints violated when linking
> org/w3c/dom/Node class at
> org.apache.excalibur.xml.dom.DefaultDOMHandler.<init>(DefaultDOMHandler.java:40)

:/

The only time I got linkage errors before is when I was playing with BCEL.
They are usually a sign of badly compiled, corrupted, or otherwise messed
up classes.  It could be that there are some conflicting classes that are
corrupted in the classpath somewhere.

At least this is the best answer I can lend.