avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Svyatoslav Shymkiv <ap...@mail.ru>
Subject Configuration TLSServerSocketFactory
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2004 09:09:04 GMT
Hello.

I have a problem configuring TLSServerSocketFactory in my Avalon
application. When I try to configure it inside SocketManager block I get
verification configuration error.

Configuring TLSServerSocketFactory inside the Socket Manager.
Configuration example:

assembly.xml:
----------------------------------
<!-- The Socket Manager block -->
<block
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.DefaultSocketManager"
name="sockets">
</block>
----------------------------------

config.xml:
----------------------------------
<sockets>
       <server-sockets>
         <factory name="plain"
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.DefaultServerSocketFactory"/>

	<factory name="secure"
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.TLSServerSocketFactory">
             <ssl-factory>
                 <keystore>
                       <file>conf/keystore</file>
                       <password>password</password>
                       <key-password>password</key-password>
                       <type>JKS</type>
                       <algorithm>SunX509</algorithm>
                </keystore>
         	<protocol>TLS</protocol>
             </ssl-factory>
             <timeout>0</timeout>
             <authenticate-client>false</authenticate-client>
          </factory>
       </server-sockets>

       <client-sockets>
         <factory name="plain"
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.DefaultSocketFactory"/>
       </client-sockets>
   </sockets>
-----------------------------------

But when I try to configure it separately I get error about missing
blockinfo. I tried to download new sources of Cornerstone componenes but
I can't find blockinfo for TLSServerSocketFactory there. I think that
writing blockinfo myself isn't right solution.

Configuring TLSServerSocketFactory separately from the Socket Manager.
Configuration example:

assembly.xml:
----------------------------------
<!-- The Socket Manager block -->
<block
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.DefaultSocketManager"
name="sockets">
</block>

<block
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.TLSServerSocketFactory"
name="sslFactory">
</block>
----------------------------------

config.xml:
----------------------------------
<sockets>
       <server-sockets>
         <factory name="plain"
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.DefaultServerSocketFactory"/>

	<factory name="secure"
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.TLSServerSocketFactory"/>
       </server-sockets>

       <client-sockets>
         <factory name="plain"
class="org.apache.avalon.cornerstone.blocks.sockets.DefaultSocketFactory"/>
       </client-sockets>
   </sockets>

<sslFactory>...</sslFactory>