avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@d-haven.org>
Subject Re: [avalon] State of Consensus
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:09:21 GMT
Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:

> My last attempt. I realized the this thread was not more the a revised and
> updated version of this
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=avalon-dev&m=105958344710704&w=2
>
> If it comes back again, then we for sure don't have a future. Not as a
> community.

Man, I'm good. ;P

Well, that's what I'll be doing at D-haven.org.  Anyone wants to join they can.
Of course, if Avalon wants to implement those options/views/etc. then it would
really be good.

The thing is, that RRT was a plan to arrive at where Niclas wants to be.  A plan
to achieve rock solid component architecture in a flexible manner.  The truth is
all those tools that electronic engineers take for granted did not come about
overnight.  Nor did the original tools know all that the current crop of tools
do.  It is an evolutionary process, and unless you plan to make some mistakes
and minimize the impact of those mistakes, you will come up with the wrong
conclusions if you harden everything at the outset.

Anyway, I have presented enough descenting opinion for now.  The objection at
that time was that noone wanted to start from scratch one last time.  That's
fine, but I haven't seen anyone else come up with a concrete plan to evolve
Merlin toward that ideal.  At least one we could all know and follow.  Have
fun guys!