avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Alert!] Major break in Excalibur!
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:25:31 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Gang,
>
> We have a big problem with Excalibur in combination with
> LogKit, and it has been completely hidden by Maven!!!!
>

> avalon-axcalibur/logger/src/java/org/apache/avalon/excalibur/l
ogger/factory/PriorityFilterTargetFactory.java

> contains
>
> import org.apache.log.filter.PriorityFilter;
>
> and uses it later.
>
> However, the PriorityFilter does NO LONGER exist in LogKit !!!
>
> Yet, it builds... Why?
>
> Because of the way Maven will download and use old versions
> of LogKit when
> compiling excalibur-logger.
>

> Why was PriorityFilter removed?
It has been deprecated and we decided some weeks ago to remove all
deprecated code from LogKit :)

> What shall we do to restore buildability?
The LogKit has now a PriorityFilteringTarget that can be used instead. So
it's a simple renaming :)
However I avoided checking this in as this will break the maven build,
because the new LogKit version can't be downloaded.

I can commit the change if you want.

Carsten