avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: File gone missing
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 17:25:20 GMT
> Just curious, how come SVN doesn't import the deleted material, if it
> is so important? Must be a piece of cake.

If you mean does cvs2svn take files in the Attic and integrate them back
into the repository with a deleted record, I believe that it does, but
you'll need to check with one of the experts.

I believe that cvs2svn will even try to detect movement, but that gets a bit
hairy.  If you think it is easy, please let the Subversion guys know.
Figuring out that two files in totally different locations have a common
ancestry to another file in a third location is non-trivial.

I have proposed that at least one class of situations could be detected
using shred, but you'd still need a human to confirm and correct the
sequence of events.

	--- Noel