avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Procedure for SVN Migration
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:50:35 GMT
I gave Fitz a heads up.  He said that he will take a look at the Avalon CVS
modules.  There may be a reason to put off conversion for a couple of weeks,
but Fitz would be the one to know, and he says that it can be done now if
that's what we need.

One question is whether we are migrating all of the modules or just some of
them.  All makes the most sense to me, but I won't presume.

Sander has commented on migration.  As one data point, from what I saw of
the Forrest conversion, Fitz did a test conversion while people still worked
in CVS.  After that was checked, we removed everyone's write karma for the
module, did the conversion again to migrate, and loaded the live repository.
We're not talking about any extended outages between locking down CVS and
being able to work in Subversion.

And in the meantime, people should make sure to get an SVN client, and can
play in https://svn.apache.org/repos.test.

	--- Noel