avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: svn progress
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 06:02:12 GMT
> I believe we want to convert all the avalon cvs modules.  Though
> I'm not sure exactly what the cvs to svn mapping should be.

I would expect avalon-(.*) ==> avalon/$1 unless you ask for something
different.  Not much point, since you can always relocate things after
migration.  A basic SVN layout tends to look like:

  project/
         releasable/
                   trunk/
                    tags/
                branches/

The key idea being that you want to organize by release components.
Anything that is separately versioned should have its own "ttb" directories.
See the Subversion book, http://svnbook.red-bean.com/, for more details.
Read Chapter 4, http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/book.html#svn-ch-4, in
detail.  You'll get an idea of the great power in Subversion.

	--- Noel

	--- Noel