avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Avalon Meta] So What's the Score?
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:39:23 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:

> Can Avalon/Meta be the framework-wide metainfo package? Sure. In
> its current form? I don't really want that.

And here is the where things come down to the metal.

   * we have agreed to one architecture, one implementation,
     one platform

The only product release specifically dealing with meta-info management
is the Avalon Meta package.  It can change, it can evolve, it can be
replaced - but under the principals of one architecture, one
implementation, one platform - it cannot be duplicated.  Implications of
this very important - it means that is someone has an itch, there is one
place to focus that itch.  The consequence is that itches start to take
focus, effort consolidates, products improve.

Cheers, Stephen.