avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mortician at Work
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:36:15 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>>Carsten:
>>
>>In answer to you question at the end of the email I've
>>included a bunch of pointers in-line.
>>

> Many thanks for the info, Stephen!
>
> Just one question: I guess fortress is currently neither supporting
> the standard context entries nor all required meta tags. So these
> changes would make the components unusable with Fortress (ECM), right?

Multipart response ... ECM meta is collected in roles files together
with the master configuration so any changes to tags in sources will not
effect ECM.  Fortress uses specific meta that *could* be generated from
standard meta-info, but it my impression that this is an optional
requirement as I believe you can still declare meta manually via roles
files in Fortress.

So in principal - updating to standard meta makes life harder for
Fortress users but not impossible. The components themselves would
remain usable.

The more difficult question concerns the handling of /Selector - but
this should be manageable but not necessarily backward compatible.

Steve.