avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More "academic" ideas [Was: [VOTE] New sandbox project]
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:02:49 GMT
Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
> [...]

In the activation architecture the complete component deployment
sequence is handled in the ComponentFactory.  If you want to establish a
new A4 component instance (meaning object instantiation + all relevant
lifecycle stages) you invoke factory.incarnate() and you get back the
full established object - lifecycle stages and all of that stuff are
totally encapsulated in the factory.  If want to deal with A5 component
establishment - no problem - just use an A5 factory - without changing
lifestyle semantics of implementation.

Keep in mind that the only object in the entire system that needs to
create new components in the LifestyleManager.

>>Second point - I think its a bad ide to use interface such as
>>Serviceable etc. to provide a ServiceManager to a factory when in fact
>>the factory isn't using the manager to resolve a dependency
>

> Agree. But I think its just a matter of simplest things first.

Yep.

Cheers, Steve.