avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: avalon/fortress/container project.xml
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:04:07 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>>Carsten:
>>
>>A lifecycle extension dealing with an alternative
>>configuration model should not go under Fortress - instead it
>>should be located somewhere like excalibur-configuration or
>>perhaps more appropriate ..
>>avalon-components.
>>
>>What's your opinion?
>>

> Actually, I honestly don't know where things fit best in the
> whole bunch of Avalon repositories and subprojects.
> The extension is very simple and has no dependency to any
> other part of Avalon, so from that POV it can be placed nearly
> everywhere.
> I agree that the use is much wider than Fortress, so it could
> be placed outside of Fortress.
> But moving it to excalibur-configuration creates a new unwanted
> dependency between e-c and e-lifecycle.
> Avalon-components is imho only for components and this a
> not a component.

Looking at the code - it looks like a component to me in that there is
nothing to say that it is not a component.

> Would do you think of moving this to e-lifecycle-impl?

My preference would be to move it to a package under avalon-components.
  I could set it up if you like (have more than a couple of things to
take care of there anyway so it would not be a problem).

Cheers, Stephen.