avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [avalon] roadmap - library criteria
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:31:02 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> And make sure that the components run out-of the box in the
> most recent containers including at least Fortress (ECM would
> be good as well, but perhaps we can forget that one)

Carsten:

Thanks for the email - there are several points I would like to expand
on but that's for another thread.  Concerning the above - I would like
to figure out a way in which we move you from a implementation
dependency to a service dependency.  I.e. I don't want you to be
dependent on Fortress.  I want you to be dependent on an API.  If you
can define that API, I'm ready to take a shot a delivering an
implementation solution.  Even better - if you can provide some test
cases, I'm ready to spend some time making sure we provide a sustainable
solution.

Stephen.