avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] JMX MBean generator facility
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:37:12 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Stephen's idea of LifeCycle extension is worth-while considering, but I wonder
> if the ComponentManagementCompositionListener will be instantiated early
> enough. Stephen ?

I'm thinking about this - and I'm not convinced that the lifecycle
extension is the appropriate interception point. Instead I'm thinking
about the association of a facility as a manager.  We could then provide
access to the lifestyle handler - which means that a management facility
can actually track what is happening on the inside.

Stephen.

(still thinking about this one)