avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@lsd]: avalon-excalibur/excalibur-instrument-manager failed
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:36:13 GMT
On Monday 29 March 2004 15:26, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> > Sorry that I haven't got around to fix the Gump build yet.
>
> No problem at all, in particular since other people (me, for example)
> could help as well.  I just wanted to know which direction has to be
> taken in this case.

Well, the objectives for the work that was carried out;

1. Removal of all cyclic dependencies and cross-module dependencies.

2. Simple build procedure.

That means that Fortress has been moved to "avalon-excalibur" and some
internal changes with Fortress.
Also the Excalibur Testcase (an abstract class for ECM based tests) was taken
out of avalon-excalibur/component into its own subproject.

If you do a fresh checkout of "avalon-excalibur", it should now be possible to
build every piece of it by a simple;
  maven multiproject:jar

And the ambition is get to a point where other multiproject targets also work,
incl :site and :deploy, but I am not there yet.
It is also the intention that as little as possible is configured in each
subproject, so all build info is collected in the top-level directory.

Niclas