avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Mortician at Work
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:11:46 GMT
On Wednesday 17 March 2004 21:58, Farr, Aaron wrote:
> So, my personal thoughts are: go ahead with cleaning excalibur up (we all
> thank you!) but before we retire it we need to make sure all the loose ends
> are tied up.  I'm sure you've considered this. I just wanted to vocalize
> the concern.

Read title of this thread and then look up Mortician :o)

My goal is to make it as perfect as it can get, without touching the code
itself. That means that it builds, no cyclic dependencies, Gump has no
objections, distro generation is in place, and what not...

So that when we close the tomb (i.e. revoke commit rights), we can feel
assured that if anyone wants to "Raise the Dead", they will get a
well-preserved corpse to work with.

So to speak.

If there any loose ends in the code itself, speak up now, better yet - -
better fix it soon... :o)
But I assume that those has been fixed already.

I also don't understand the ever raised "supporting existing ECM users", since
there hasn't been any 'support' worth the name as long as I have been around
(1 year+), and we are not talking about deleting the content, so... What does
these words actually mean  "supporting existing users" ?

Niclas