avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Documentation corrections
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:31:56 GMT
On Friday 12 March 2004 22:03, Daniel Frey wrote:

<snip>Good Suggestions</snip>

> I may also correct them directly if you would like to give me commit rights
> to the cvs.

I will attend to this straight away, but it will take a while before it shows
up on the site itself.

If you are real serious about helping out, try to make life easier by posting
the patch, in which case you can cut down on the surrounding explainations.

Patches are most easily generated by the "cvs diff" command.
For instance;
   cvs -q diff  filename  >somename.patch

That helps a lot.

As for committer status;
1. See page http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html
2. Avalon is perhaps somewhat more lenient than many other Apache projects,
and put more emphasis on quality than on time (some require continuing
dedication for 6months or more)
3. Commitment towards the project is expressed in, qualified feedback,
participation in ongoing design/coding discussions, patches, wiki updates,
suggestions and also stuff like helping your peers. Basically anything that
moves us forward.
4. You shouldn't feel that you are trying hard to get committer status, it
should be fun and natural, and one day you will be asked.

Keep up the good spirit.

Niclas