avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur i18n vs. Avalon Util i18n
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:40:40 GMT
On Tuesday 09 March 2004 16:52, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> what's the purpose of duplicating the i18n code from excalibur,
> repackaging it and putting it in Avalon Util?

The purpose is for you not to notice :o)

Seriously, I want to rip away Merlin from being dependent on excalibur-xxx, to
allow extensions of these without to worry about what else may or may not
break with it. For instance, why is there a Security check for clearing the
cache, but nothing else? Why is there all these half-meaningless getDouble(),
yet no support for important stuff like images and sound?

Expect the same fate for excalibur-configuration.

Cheers
Niclas