avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: Zen Framework (was Re: [avalon] roadmap)
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:04:36 GMT

>  +-------------+     +------------+     +-------+     +------------+
>  | Strict Spec | --> | Components | --> | Tools | --> | Effeciency | --+
>  +-------------+     +------------+     +-------+     +------------+   |
>                            ^                                           |
>                            |                                           |
>                            +-------------------------------------------+

Nice! Tools do make hard things easier to grok and for sure some of the
tools coming together will make things much easier like MerlinDeveloper etc.

I think we need to clarify whether it is framework 4 that makes things
complex rather than the container of choice which just upholds those
contracts.  If you ask me Phoenix, Merlin and Fortress are all the same when
it comes to complexity since they're based on the same framework.

What we need to be discussing is a simplification through changes to the
core.  Do you guys see the issue to be framework or what?  Berin I presume
your suggestions revolve around framework 5 and supporting containers using
the new features in jdk1.5 to simply things.  What examples of features do
you and others have in mind that would help us simply things?

Alex