avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: More "academic" ideas [Was: [VOTE] New sandbox project]
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:51:59 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]

> Just a thought - instead of looking at "shutdown" as a Concern within a
> queue, I figure one should adding a Startable concern - where the
> concern handles deployment and undeployment (starting and stopping
> respectively) in a sequence with other concerns.

Ok, so something like:

Creation -> Logging -> Configuration -> yadayada -> Startable -> Shutdown

Pretty strange.

m_container.getServiceManager().lookup( "xcomp" );

  // Chain of concerns executed until middle of Startable

m_container.getServiceManager().reelase( x );

  // From middle of startable 'til end.

To me it will work if you have a StartableConcern and a StoppableConcern.
Each one registered to a diferent STEP of execution.