avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: Under Merlin's hood (WAS: RE: [avalon] roadmap - library crit eria )
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 20:21:32 GMT

> Sorry, but you manage to make me pretty upset...

It happens.

> I do consider you on the "Complexity Bench", as I understand Castle is
> borrowing a lot of the "apparent complexity" from Merlin. But I also
> recognize that you have many other views as well.

And I already state "I'm shooting my own foot" yesterday.

> I don't need to state any names. It is easy to have opinion, if you don't
need
> to back it with putting in time to make it happen. If you don't put in
time,
> your opinion will be noted, appreciated (even if I don't agree with it)
and
> processed accordingly.

Again, committment is not committs in CVS. One spent a lot of time answering
this very list.

> Why not look at the commits for 2004? Want to go further back? Just the
number
> of entries in CVS mailing list;
> <...>
> How do you want to rate "contribution" ? Please put a number on it !

Read above.

> Maybe my logic is incredibly flawed, but I interpret you are argument
against
> yourself.
>
> Your argument goes something like;
> "We are not a Company -> I should do what I think is right."
> "I should not do what I think is right, but what other people is telling
me is
> right."

- We are not a Company -> We don't have an hierachy.
- One should not do want he thinks is best alone.
- Nobody is gonna tell you what is right, but at least you should ASK for
what you thinking is right and get a lazy-consensus.

In other words, your contribution must stay in sync with the community. No
more, no less.

--
hammett