avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO)" <hamilton.olive...@agenciaclick.com.br>
Subject Re: Under Merlin's hood (WAS: RE: [avalon] roadmap - library crit eria )
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 18:35:16 GMT
-----Mensagem original-----
De: Farr, Aaron [mailto:Aaron.Farr@am.sony.com]
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 4 de março de 2004 15:21

> The whole idea of this discussion on roadmaps (which I instigated) is
about
> consensus building and I am hopeful in a positive outcome.

Black hat: I don't. Roadmaps won't make any difference while we still having
different view. LSutic has good point, LSimons seems to give up arguing,
Berin posted what he feels like. Sounds that majority agree with simplicity.

Another group - maybe we can call them 'status-quo' - thinks everything is
good in the way it is. And looses the point that different projects have
different requirements.

Or we agree with something - even a LCD - and start following some common
path or more people will leave and more Avalon containers will appear in
sourceforge.

I have been watching the cocoon list for a while. Its amazing how things
happen smoothly. We should re-think our roles around here and start to act
as a community.

--
hammett