avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: [merlin] no output in 3.3-SNAPSHOT
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:18:50 GMT

Okay, first off it looks like I wasn't patient enough.  After waiting a
while Merlin finally timed out because it couldn't download the
excalibur-i18n-1.1.jar.  (Perhaps something is wrong with the proxy
code/conf?)

Anyway, I manually installed the jar into the system repository.  I then got
a number of different errors: (snipped)

$ merlin target/classes/ -execute -debug

  Exception: java.net.MalformedURLException
  Message: no protocol: target/classes/ -execute -debug

$ merlin conf/hello.block -execute -debug

  Exception: java.net.MalformedURLException
  Message: no protocol: conf/hello.block -execute

$ merlin file://./target/classes/ -execute

  Exception: org.apache.avalon.composition.model.ModelException
  Message: Invalid path: file://./target/classes/ -execute
  Exception: java.net.UnknownHostException
  Message: .

$ merlin
file:///home/farra/dev/projects/apache/avalon/merlin/platform/tutorial
s/hello/target/classes -execute

  Exception: org.apache.avalon.composition.model.ModelException
  Message: File not found:
  file:/home/farra/dev/projects/apache/avalon/merlin/plat
  form/tutorials/hello/target/classes -execute

Want me to open something in JIRA?

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM